Wednesday, August 03, 2005


I'm sitting here still trying to accept that you will be out of my life for a while. I know I will see you again, but I don't know when and I don't know what you will be like then. I would really like to talk to you now about losing a friend (you) and ask you to pray with me about it. You would probably suggest we pray before I could even ask you anyway.

There are so many things I never said and so many things we never did and so much time was wasted on procrastination, financial concerns, and timing issues. That time could have been spent talking on the phone, driving to Houston or just writing you a letter.

Thank you for making me laugh. Thank you for making me think. Thank you for making me pray. I miss you, Hellipoo...

but save me a seat, will ya?

- Conna

2 Comments:

Blogger LaDawn said...

Wow... I sat in shock for awhile after I heard the news that you had passed... so frustrated that the way you left, we thought was beat... It has brought this all so much closer to home, to realize that within a blink of an eye things can change.

I am left feeling grateful to have known you, to have been part of the laughter and tears... I remember the little things, like, the post-it-notes left on the fridge in our apartment with your signature winky-eyed smiley face... the on-going and endless Scrabble game we would play as we passed eachother in the apartment... I miss you... I miss your joy and the big smile you'd get on your face when you'd tell me about the lastest and hardest new mountain face you'd climbed... I'd cry with you over the silly boys that somehow over looked your preciousness and love... Our talks about your latest classic novel read or your newest creative endeavor...

The day you called me telling me of your cancer and the uphill battle you'd face with it... and all the while, you kept your eyes on Him... your questions and frustrations were so real over your pain and life-changes because of the cancer but you'd come back to His peace and fight on. Likening it to another mountain face that you'd climb to the top with the help of Jesus...

I miss you and love you but am SO grateful for the joy you brought so many and how you touched others so dearly with your straightforwardedness, your kind smile, and uplifting laugh. I am slightly jealous that you will now be sitting without tears or sorrow, held in the arms of the greatest Lover of all and what a joy you will receive to have seen those treasures stored in heaven because of your faithfulness to Him here on earth! I love you Helen and I miss you! I can't wait to see you again soon! Your loving sister in Christ.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Wendy Lou said...

You know Conna... Helen always prayed with me too... we had a weekly phone prayer time for awhile. Wow that was a powerful time!

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home