Sunday, August 07, 2005

Helen & Phil

Phyllis sent this to us... for Helen when we asked for things for her family thought I would post above what I wrote about Helen & Phil:

I did not know Helen for a long time, but I believe I know a wonderful side of her. I was in L.A. for 8 months caring for my son, Phil. Wendy was a friend of Phil's; he was at USC working on his doctorate. Wendy organized Helen and her pastor from Our Father's Church to visit with us at the hospital in Nov/2002. As soon as they entered the small hosp. room where Phil was on breathing and feeding machines, two lights were present. Helen knew what Phil needed and knew what I needed and she gave. She returned a couple of weeks later and gave again with a wonderful intensity. I was strengthened by her presence and so very much appreciated her energy and caring. All of this time, I did not know that her body was failing her. She never mentioned herself. She has now joined Phil in God's arms. She knows all.
With love to Helen and Wendy,
Phyllis Verma, mother of Phil Brocato


I received this email from Phyllis Verma... my friend Phil's mother. Phil was in a coma and Helen came with me to spend some time with him and pray for him... while she was dealing with her cancer....

From Phyllis -
I shall never forget how Helen was with me in Phil's first room at Q of A - room #33. So focused and such strength. And she was fighting her own battle. I know that she is in God's arms. I pray for her family and friends to have strength and understanding. Love, Phyllis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home